Friday, May 14, 2010

Late Night Snacking....

Are you one of those people who can never make it between meals - or you find that you are in the fridge after 8pm just wanting something but can't really pinpoint what it is?
I know that I personally like to eat right before bed...around 10pm. I know - everyone says nothing after 6 but you know what - Im not gonna sit there miserable and starving!
So I have my fail safe snack of Cottage Cheese on hand. Cottage cheese is not only filling - but one cup also boasts 15gr protein (in the fat free), only 80 calories! I sweeten mine lightly with Honey and then sprinkle cinnamon on top (cinnamon is something I sprinkle on a lot of things because it has a way of leveling out blood sugars and keeping you full longer). You can also throw some fruit in there if you like. But next time you find yourself reaching for the chips, or junk - try a bowl of this first - then if you must have just a small amount of the other stuff!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment