Sunday, April 11, 2010

Homemade California Rolls....

You will need:

Sticky Rice
Sea Weed Papers
(I get these in a kit for $3)
Imitation Crab (Or Real if you Can!)

Directions:

Nuke your pre-made sticky rice for 60 seconds. If you are making the rice yourself - then just cook it and let it cool a little bit before handleing. Just remember - regular rice will NOT work. Must be the sticky stuff!
Get out some crab and cut into 1.5 inch strips about the width of pencil. Place crab stick, and half spoonful of rice in seaweed paper, roll and repeat!
This is higher on carbs than I typically like - but I keep these in the fridge for my "grazing" because it DOES have crab meat  which is protein for me!:) And it's fairly filling on just a couple.



1 comment:

  1. Shelly, I love these! I use smoked salmon, cucumber, red pepper, and avocado diced into little pieces when I make these, and I add a little rice vinegar to the rice. We can get brown sushi rice here at our health food store, so I use that. It's so fun to make good food that is healthy and mouthwatering! ((HUG))

    ReplyDelete