Sunday, April 04, 2010

S.O.S - Cheap and EASY!


Firstly - forgive the paper plate. I try to do better in my photos - but Mama's very tired tonight and feeling too lazy to do the dishes!

Ingredients:

Bread (pictured is White but this is excellent for your dryer Wheats and Ezekial loaves)
white country gravy mix (with water or half water substituted with high protein milk)
2 pkgs Budding Honey Turkey

Directions:

1. Prepare gravy according to package directions.
2. Cut up Turkey into ribbons and put into gravy and stir
3. Slop it onto a slice or two of bread and serve warm

It's what I grew up calling S.O.S - as my mom always said. But it's also known as "Shit on a Shingle" which means you can literally put any "shit" you want to into it and call it a meal. However, as I learned tonight - Dont refer to it as "Shit on a Shingle" to a 6yr old as they will absolutely REFUSE to go near it then! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment