Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hood Calorie Countdown....Who says Milk isn't good for you?

(Image courtesy of Hood Calorie Countdown)
My friends - I have found LOVE in this carton. Hood Calorie Countdown (fat free) is the bestest! Its low calorie, high calcium, low sugar and carb and tastes GREAT  (in cereals, oatmeals, protein shakes etc. NOT ALONE). It also boasts a great 8gr protein!
I used to make my protein shakes with water - but since I discovered this little gem, I now use 8oz of Hood to make my regularly 26gr protein shake into a power punched 34gr protein shake!
The best thing about it is that it has a shelf life similar to Soy Milk - which is great for me and my family who will sometimes drink milk quicker than we can buy it - and sometimes we dont drink it at all and it goes to waste. This hangs around a bit longer - but without the crazy estrogen issues your soy stuff can cause!
I believe I got mine at Krogers and the price was comparable to other milks/soy/rice/almond etc in the same packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment