Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dressing Skinny...

After walking around the Grocery store this morning - I have made an important observation that I felt needed to be talked about.
The way you dress can really make you look a LOT bigger than you are,  or it can make you look smaller. A lot of people when they are overweight, will wear big baggy clothes. Im not sure why we do it (yes, I said WE because I too was obese before), maybe we think if we wear baggy clothes then it will look like we are shrinking out of them?? Or maybe we think we are cleverly hiding the fact that we are fat from others (yeah right, like they can't see it??).
Im not advocating wearing tight clothes either - as those can make you look gross too (especially if they are so tight they cling to rolls, or worse, CREATE rolls). But dressing in properly fitting clothing can make a huge difference! In fact - to illustrate this for you - I have taken a picture of myself in baggy clothing and properly fitting to SHOW you just how big the difference is!
I know that a lot of people (myself included) often bought too big clothing for myself because I felt that nothing that fit my stomach would fit my breasts (and this was a problem for a while) but there are clothes out there that will work - and if nothing else - spend a little more to feel better about yourself!

***I didn't edit these images at all but to crop and place on here for you to see. Notice how with the baggy clothes I seemed to gain about 30-40lbs instantly***

No comments:

Post a Comment