Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lenten Season...


Tomorrow begins the Lenten Season. Tomorrow is traditionally "Ash Wednesday" and the start of my giving up my Diet Coke and Coke Zero which I LOVE LOVE LOVE but shouldn't. In my faith, we choose to fast from something that gives us a lot of pleasure and that we do a lot - in order to remember Christ's suffering leading up to his death, and to practice self control. A lot of us choose to give up something that we would like to stop anyway - but maybe dont have the self control NORMALLY to do on our own.
I chose these soft drinks because I literally drink probably...4-5 a day. Yep - bad stuff not only for my body (did you know that even diet sodas are highly acidic and eat away at your teeth, AND they have been shown to cause more cravings and more caloric intake in a day?) But they also leech the calcium from your bones.
So tomorrow I will begin my fast and hopefully longterm recovery from that addiction.
In order to do this - I will have to now find something to replace them . I aim to get in about 80oz of fluid daily - so Im planning to have more bottled water (I love Ozarka) and either propel drop ins, or Crystal Light drop ins. These are both very low calorie (10cals) and sugar free, carb free! Im also going to drink more tea here at the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment